Dear Kansas City Live Guest,
We are so pleased to invite you to be a part of Kansas City Live! Your contribution is what makes Kansas City Live a show about living a good life in Kansas City.
Our show airs live and is fast-paced. Most days run very smooth. We keep a light feeling on the set and go with the flow. We hope you can feel flexible and enthusiastic along with us.
Many guests wonder what they should wear on the show. Bright colors or solid earthly colors attract the camera best, so you might choose to avoid solid black or white. If you wear makeup, we suggest bright colors of blush and lipstick. You may wish to lay your foundation like you are going out at night.
When you arrive at our studios, please give your name to our front desk receptionist. One of our staff members will show you to our set and then to the green room, where you may enjoy a beverage and relax with other guests to watch the show. A staff member will talk with you before the show, help you set up and bring you to the studio when it is time for your segment.
- All guests should arrive at 9:15 a.m. on the day of their segment.
- Our station is located at 4720 Oak Street, Kansas City, MO 64112. We're just East of the Plaza on 47th street, on Oak Street between the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art and UMKC. Parking is in the visitor lot (South side of the building) and street parking in front is also available. Come to the front lobby.
- A completed guest sheet (the below form) is due 1-2 weeks prior to your segment.
- Your segment will be approximately 3 minutes in length. (Time may vary.)
- Please arrive "camera ready" and bring as many props as possible.
- Be prepared to shoot tease video shortly after you arrive at 9:15 a.m.
- Kansas City Live airs live from 10 a.m. – 11 a.m. on KSHB and KSHB.com .
- We encourage you to promote your appearance on your Facebook or Twitter accounts 24 to 48 hours prior to your appearance. You can tag our accounts on Facebook or Twitter:
- Twitter: @KCLiveTV
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/KCLiveTV
The below form is used to write host talking points, promotions and web articles for your segment. It is necessary to ensure proper preparation and delivery of your message to our Kansas City Live viewers. Please complete this guest sheet 1-2 weeks prior to your segment date. Please make sure all information on this sheet is accurate. This is how it will be displayed on the screen during both our broadcast and on our digital platforms.
If you have any questions, feel free to give us a call. We look forward to working with you.
Valissa Smith, Producer, KC Live